Coping when husband is away Stray Thoughts

You have done an excellent job summarizing all the things that go on in our hearts and heads when our husbands travel. This is one of those bedrock posts that will minister to many. This post will be linked to “Works For Me Wednesday,” where you can find a plethora of helpful hints each week at We Are THAT family on Wednesdays, as well as Women Living Well. Once when my husband was out of town with a colleague, they stopped to eat dinner. That incident jolted me to the realization that I needed to pray for his protection from temptation.

coping with husband working away from home

However, in my case (as in the original poster’s comment) it’s a case of fear overwhelming me. I may have the luxury of being able to visit friends and family, but all logic goes out of the window when I’m home alone at night. It’s not always possible to stay overnight with relatives or friends. Fear is a terrible thing and doesn’t take notice of common sense. So Blessed to read this post & everyone else. It is good to know I’m not alone on husbands working away.

Staying Connected

But that doesn’t mean you should sit back and let it overtake your reality, which might be destructive to your life and productivity. That’ll make you a better person, and your husband is going to love you more for who you become, which is an improved self. Whether it’s just personal development or a skill that you’ve wanted to learn for a while, now is your chance to dedicate some time to it.

coping with husband working away from home

Since we started with this new plant, many of our members have had many physical/mental health problems. He is a good man, and I love him dearly, but I am miserable. He texts me a few times a day, but goes days without calling, and weeks without saying “I love you”. It’s hard, but I think one important thing is to let the anger go.

Video: Steve Serby Talks Q&A Article with Giants Defensive End Jihad Ward

Boundaries that include lack of judgment can seriously save what’s being lost. Unless you both have designated office spaces at home, yours and your partners’ work and home lives are very blurred right now. Husband could manage the time because he kept taking work calls while we waited. If I wasn’t in my office, I wasn’t working. Our ability to set boundaries has been hugely important since he started working from home.

coping with husband working away from home

Plan for real vacation where you take each day as it comes, to really get to know each other again. By renting a house away, or spending time in a family getaway without schedule, culture tours, programme or super excesses is what makes for real quality time. It is frustrating me, I even get scared in nights and to talk to my men colleagues in office, I often feel scared to take help from any guy as they may take advantage of my situation. But I cant tell everything to him and will stick to silence for some days if something like this is coming up. At that time my inlaws are show casing as if I am not caring my husband but they are caring him.

Post navigation

Albeit forced ‘me time’ but we all need time alone. Use it wisely to do the stuff you want to do like catch up on a good book, watch your favourite TV shows, do a class, take a walk or have a long bubble bath and read a magazine. "Making a different schedule and eating dinner at a different time or in a different room of the house helps." Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 175,809 times. If you’re a military spouse, take advantage of the Military OneSource counseling program.

coping with husband working away from home

Think of this as the adult version of the old college putting a sock on the door. When your fuse is short, there’s no room for resentment over the fact that your partner didn’t realize you were hoping they would realize the sink was full and load the dishwasher. Is one of you finding that you need time for peace and quiet in a way you didn’t before? That might be because you used to get it, say, in the car.

The Clock Is Ticking, But There’s Still Time To Get These Top-Selling Gifts

And I tell myself that one day he’ll wipe away my tears just as he promised. But its ok, I have my incredible GOD all the time. I’ve realized that it’s important to love God above all. Thank you for your words and for others who shared their responses. Somehow it just helps to know I’m not alone in feeling alone. I agree about the crimes shows, and books as well.

Eileen Cotter and Christian Wright have been on back-to-back conference calls since they started working from home last week. To avoid conflict, couples should work on establishing boundaries and expectations, like who is going to be in which room and when. Once a month reassess how things are going. Is enough money coming in or do you have to cut back on expenditures? Be honest about how things are really going.

( Go to bed at the same time

I suppose that comes with having small children anyway. I'm new to this but just need to get out of my system. My husband started working away from home nearly 2 years ago now, just when I'd given birth to our 2nd son.

Make realistic to-do lists of domestic DIY projects, and consider GSI instead for parts of it. Don’t make these projects coincide with precious together time – but schedule it so it makes sense for both of you, and bear in mind the financials too. As difficult as it may be – you need to think of a worse case scenario, and therefore I strongly recommend getting a ‘last will and testament. Keep this in a safe place known to both of you – as well as another trusted person. If your ‘home base’ does not coincide with ‘home’ country, think of joining spousal associations, school networks or international clubs.

If your spouse is only away from a short amount of time, try counting down to their return date! If your partner is going to be away for several months at a time, look forward to more upcoming events, like a movie night or party. In a way we are lucky as he could have been sent on a 9 month deployment, but the coming and going can be tough too. I think its harder for our daughter to understand whether she will see him or not. She has got a lot more clingy since he’s been away, but I don’t know if this is something that she would have done at this age anyway. I wish we earned the money to make life easier but unfortunately we work hard and still have to be very careful with money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puja Samagri & Indian Puja Needs Gift Ideas India Sajawat & Puja Hut

32 Alligator Cakes ideas alligator cake, alligator birthday, cupcake cakes

30 Girl's Haircuts We Love The Cutest Looks of 2024